Re: Snake Oil

I take some objection to the mention of acupuncture with a list of
snake oil remedies.

A few years ago I was offered acupuncture treatment for headaches at a
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center. For those who are not familar w/Kaiser
it is a major HMO. I was astonished that they included acupuncture as
one of their treatment techniques. I do not know if this was an
experiment particular to that particular site. The physician said that
in 1/3 of the cases acupuncture works, in 1/3 of the cases it does not
work, and the with the other 1/3 the outcomes are not clear.

--
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep
And I have no more papers in a heap