Re: Grading

On Fri, 07 Jan 2000 12:05:03 -0800 Leigh Palmer <palmer@SFU.CA> writes:
My introductory physics class last semester:

9 A+
9 A
14 A-
10 B+
28 B
32 B-
57 C+
35 C
36 C-
28 D
16 F
7 N (did not write)

Still think grade inflation is universal?

My introductory astronomy class last semester:

3 A+
10 A
14 A-
21 B+
10 B
14 B-
23 C+
13 C
3 C-
0 D
0 F
2 N (did not write)

One evident difference between the second course and the first was
the attitudes of the students. The first course is required of
biology students and has lots of premeds (more than ought to make
it into medical school). The second course is a pure elective that
counts credits but which fulfills no program requirement.

Guess which course gave me the greater grief?

Leigh