Re: grade-grubbing & course selection

----- Original Message -----
From: "Digby Willard" <dwillard@milk.central.stpaul.k12.mn.us>

What do you mean by hard graders? Is the average grade in the courses
really a C?

Probably not in most cases, though for the history teacher I might be. I
don't know the average grades for these teachers, just their reputations.
I guess by "hard grading" I mean an average grade in the B range, but with
many students getting lower grades than they're used to getting in their
other courses.

If someone whose average grade is B is considered a 'hard grader' then you
need look no farther than your own school for grade inflation and its
effects. ;-)

Rick
(Whose average grades hover between a B- and B and considers this to be
'high'.)