Re: Grad credits in Physics

There's an ad in this month's Physics Teacher for a Physics By Inquiry
course at the University of Washington. 10 grad credits, $1200 stipend,
some additional stipend for living expenses for those from a long ways
away.

I don't know if the grad credits are in physics. I took a two-day workshop
from the same group at an AAPT summer conference a couple years ago. It
focuses on teaching physics with a specific set of materials and a specific
method. I didn't learn any new physics, but did get a better grasp of some
of the old stuff and how I could teach it. The materials are such that you
could incorporate them wholly or partly into an existing physics course.

New Iberia is a familiar name from my year teaching in Jefferson Davis
Parish. Do you get Teach For America members there?

Digby Willard

Responding to the message of Thu, 06 Jan 2000 20:38:38 -0500