Re: Re(2): Student Evaluations of Teaching

If this was meant as a comment on the average intelligence of cheerleaders,
I find it offensive and grossly inaccurate. At the high school I attended
and in at least three of the schools I've taught in, a large fraction of
the brightest and most academically focused girls were cheerleaders.

She mentioned when I asked, that she was no longer at high school, but
as valedictorian she had received a scholarship clear through college
at Stillwater (upstate). I had no idea the rewards were so appreciable!
She was doing biology, with the intention of going on to medical
school, and was home for Christmas.
She had been a cheerleader in highschool, it transpired.
One can only marvel.

Digby