Re: Hewitt

I did not see the January issue of TPT yet. Is he referring to the
dependence of gravitational acceleration on the distance from
the center of our planet? This would be explainable in terms
of the law of universal gravitation.

David Abineri wrote:

Can anyone lend a hand in saying something that might make it easier to
see the solution to Hewitt's Figuring Physics in the January Physics
Teacher?

I am having trouble seeing how the acceleration of block B is increasing
as it falls and how I would explain this to my class. Any insights would
be welcome. It's a great question!