elephants and coherence

Thanks to Jack and Leigh for emphasizing the coherence aspect of quantum effects
(interference, and especially tunneling).

My simple mind had been happily calculating deBroglie wavelengths of baseballs, people,
etc.

But no more !

The truth is that a number of texts march along the same silly path I did (which may be the
reason I failed to turn my brain on in this matter).

Mike

Mike Moloney, Dept of Physics & Applied Optics, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology

(812) 877 8302 http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~moloney