Re: I agree.

The very fact that my emphasis above would work much better as html
<b>should</b> might seem a good argument. However, people make a
variety of choices for different reasons. For example, I only have a
basic cable subscription for my tv (about a dozen channels). Someone
who loves tv might object "but surely you could get so much more with
one phone call and a few dollars a month"... this would be true but I
simply don't care - any show offered on a channel outside my chosen set
will simply not be watched in my house with no regrets. My reasons for
my choice go beyond what anybody trying to sell me extra channels has
yet been able to overcome.

Yeah, Doug, but you would voice no complaint if your <b>neighbor<b> wanted
to use a dish. In the present case the anti-HTML people want to limit the
pro-HTML people to antiquated facility.

Now clearly I can reset Eudora each time I send a msg -- if I can remember
to so this -- but as a practical matter <b>all<b> of my messages get
limited to no HTML because if I forget there is much flame and at a very
high temperature.

At some point all of us will have to use styled mail and many will have to
experience some grief -- My question is Why not now?

Saying "I don't care" in this case seems a bit selfish, doesn't it?

BTW I don't even have cable and I still use WIN95. Maybe _I_ am a
Luddite. But I will move to Linux when it is ready. (:-)

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen