Re: PHYS-L Attachments (was: I agree. LKS)

Rick writes:

Probably the biggest roadblock to HTML are those in the group still laboring
with their PINE (and equivalent) mail servers.

Gee, I just started using PINE (on VMS); my usual mail program is still VMS
mail, though.

The College here still uses
PINE, but they did initiate a POP3 server that I use instead with Outlook
Express. For those at institutions without such choices (and that would
mean you couldn't access your school e-mail from home

??? I'm accessing my school e-mail from home right now; am I missing something?
It's primitive, I'll grant (I log on to my ISP, currently Mindspring, and
telnet to my school computer), but it certainly works!

Doesn't handle html, though....

Sue Willis

Suzanne Willis, Professor, Physics Department
Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL 60115 USA
http://niuhep.physics.niu.edu/~willis/ swillis@niu.edu
phone: 815-753-0667 fax: 815-753-8565