Re: message from "Crook"

My point precisely. Thank you, Daniel. Karl

I've just received a message on the net, sender is "Crook", with mime
attachments. Is it safe to open? I've replied with a "who are you?".
Regards,
Jack

The message I received did not contain a real document attachment; it had
an HTML version of the message appended, and was virus-free.

Please, everyone -- turn off HTML-mail, vcards and other automatic
attachment-generating email settings. PHYS-L is neither an appropriate
nor a safe place to be sending attachments. Attachments spread virii
and choke up digests. If you want to share a document, contact me privately
and I will serve it from purcell, then give you a URL to share in a posting.

For a discussion of attachments, see
http://purcell.phy.nau.edu/PHYS-L AND
http://purcell.phy.nau.edu/danmac/aug99listsmanu/

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://purcell.phy.nau.edu PHYS-L list owner

Dr. Karl I. Trappe Desk Phone: (512) 471-4152
Physics Dept, Mail Stop C-1600 Demo Office: (512) 471-5411
The University of Texas at Austin Home Phone: (512) 264-1616
Austin, Texas 78712-1081