Re: Physics Textbook

Hi all-
Ben's posting suggests that I say more about the course I would
like to see preceding even a Hewitt course. It is based on the HS
physics course I took in 1939 or '40.
It was not a whirlwind tour, but it took us through some
specific areas. I learned how a refrigerator works, how to determine
relative humidity for wet bulb - dry bulb readings, how weather patterns
develop. I learned about trajectories, probably by memorizing
s= (1/2)gt^2 and related formulas, saw electroscope and Crooke's tubes
demos, and did perfect gas law calculations. That kind of course is
labeled Physical Science these days, but whatever the name, it should
be a prerequisite for the kind of course envisaged by the AP B exam.

Regards,
Jack

Adam was by constitution and proclivity a scientist; I was the same, and
we loved to call ourselves by that great name...Our first memorable
scientific discovery was the law that water and like fluids run downhill,
not up.
Mark Twain, <Extract from Eve's Autobiography>