Re: Online Classes

Anyone who thinks that you can teach online classes well, or even
adequately, at $100 per student has rocks in their head, or is just
talking about 'learn to assemble a better widget'
training courses. And to say that the assessment can be all multiple
choice makes my blood boil! I'd love to see his projected retention
rates!

I got into the design of online education courses largely to
counter that sort of talk at my university too. Guess what: the
people who thought that you could put together programs for peanuts
didn't end up producing anything - we did.

Cheers
Margaret

Dr. Margaret Mazzolini,
Astronomy Course Coordinator
Swinburne Centre for Astrophysics & Supercomputing
BSEE, Swinburne University of Technology
P.O. Box 218, Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia
email: mmazzolini@swin.edu.au
phone: (61 3) 9214 8084 fax: (61 3) 9214 8797

Visit Swinburne Astronomy Online, online courses in Astronomy
http://www.swin.edu.au/astronomy