Re: making an air wedge with microscope slides

One of the first commercial applications of light interference was a setup
like the one Fred Brace describes. It was used to measure the thickness of
wool. The inventor...Thomas Young?...was looking for a way to get some
money out of interference. I think it was called an eriometer.

Digby Willard

Responding to the message of Sun, 05 Dec 1999 14:07:06 -0700