pushed me toward "lecturing". I call it "reviewing topics together".
To study ahead of me is still expected but I no longer test them on
this each time we meet.

... my free online book at www.lightandmatter.com

Ben wrote textbooks and they can be downloaded for free, or
purchased at very low prices. They are apparently used at
Fullerton University. I noticed Ben's attempt to introduce
energy before work (see Chapter 2). I would not do it in
the same way but that is another matter. So far I am not
convinced that one can teach energy before work without
introducing unnecessary complications.
Ludwik Kowalski