[Fwd: neural timing and schizophrenia]

Here is a great "cross-over" e-letter for all us teachers who are
confronted by our biology oriented students who ask "why do I have to
take physics?"

--
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep
And I have no more papers in a heap

--- Begin Message --- Some time ago I had suggested that schizophrenia may be due to timing
problems. The idea is a reasonable inference from the wavelet
correlational opponent processing model. Support for the timing
problem is suggested by the following articles.

Green, M.F., and K.H. Nuechterlein. 1999. Cortical oscillations and
schizophrenia. Archives of General Psychiatry 56(November):1007.

Kwon, J.S. . . . and R.W. McCarley. 1999. Gamma frequency-range
abnormalities to auditory stimulation in schizophrenia. Archives of
General Psychiatry 56(November):1001.

Ron Blue

http://homepages.msn.com/LaGrangeLn/ronaldblue/index.html
Correlational Opponent Processing -
CORE Processor: Essentials of Learning in Conscious AI and Biological
Systems -
RICCI: the Robot -
Neutronics Technologies -
Biobotics -
Exploring the Use of PNP Bipolar and MOSFET Transistors in
Implementing the Neutronics Dynamic System
Spiral Illusion -
American Flag Illusion -
Pain as an Opponent Process -
Three dimensional Simulation by Empirical Orthogonal Functions -
Oscillons -
Oscillons and Consciousness -
Self Organizing Map -
Quantum Bouncing Ball -
Bulk Spin Resonance Quantum Computation -
Penning traps and non-neutral plasmas -
Consciousness and Oscillators -
Non-Local Communication with Classical Confirmation -
Quantum Error Correction Protocol -
The Apparatus: An rf (Paul) Trap -
Interference -
The Tao of Interaction-Free Measurements -
Visual Quantum Mechanics -
Quantum Consciousness -
Quantum Computing -
Introduction to Special Section on Quantum Computation -
Quantum Complexity Theory -
Stabilization of Quantum Computations by Symmetrization -
Time-Adaptive Algorithms for Synchronization -
Exact solution of a partially asymmetric exclusion model using a
deformed oscillator algebra -
Instantons and Chiral Anomaly in Fuzzy Physics -
A Quantum to Classical Phase Transition in Noisy Quantum Computers -
Reasoning about Minimal Belief and Negation as Failure -
A Gentle Introduction to Wavelets -
Lazy Evaluation of Symmetric Bayesian Decision Problems -
Video Feedback Systemic Memory -

--- End Message ---