Re: Thermo/Sidebar

John, we have clearly demonstrated on this list that we do not have the
foggiest notion of what deltaQ is in general. _Starting_ the discussion
with deltaQ is just sheer folly. I want to analyze a process other than
the usual piston/cylinder (which I _can_ do) without appealing to
deltaQ. I have struggled to find a suitable case and have appealed to this
list for help -- I am still struggling. I need a macro/mechanical case
where I can determine dS without knowing dQ -- which would appear to be a
nigh impossible task.

Now if no one has an example that is just fine -- I might even expect this
as thermo (w/o stats) is entirely based on the piston/cylinder -- I think. <g>

Does anyone here teach anything else????

JIm

At 07:23 AM 26-11-99 -0500, you wrote:
At 11:44 PM 11/25/99 -0700, Jim Green wrote:

> I want to do this without appealing to deltaQ

Thermodynamics without delta Q?????

I thought thermodynamics, by definition, revolved around the study of delta Q.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen