Re: Thermo/Sidebar

In the context of delta_S = delta_Q over T for springs,
at 08:03 PM 11/25/99 -0700, Jim Green wrote:

Umm, alas no good -- I don't see here any agreement of just what deltaQ
might be except for the cylinder and hot plate case.

1) I agree that there is a deplorable lack of agreement as to what the word
"heat" means. See next message for more on this.

2) On the other hand, whatever it means to you in the context of
gas-cylinders and hot plates, it means the same thing in the context of
springs and hot plates.