Re: Resonance Demo

The box is divided into 3 sections. Mounted in the center section are 2 - 8"
woofers aimed at opposite ends of the box. The speakers are wired in parallel,
thus in phase. There are three holes cut in the top of the box, one above the
speaker section, and one at each end of the box. This produces low-high-low or
high-low-high pressure above the holes and causes a 24" x 3" piece of
untempered glass to vibrate (f~34 Hz). Drive it hard enough and it will break.

I just found this info in the PTRA Waves binder.

Sam

Tom Ford wrote:

This is described in the AAPT/PTRA item called Teaching About Waves and
Sound 1993, revised 1996 used in PTRA workshops of the same name.