Re: 20th century

James Espinosa wrote:

A few weeks ago and, I believe, on the subject of "quantum leap" Tim
Folkerts, in an aside, said that in a few months we will be
referring to this time as "last century." Well, in a few months it
will still be the 20th century, it is going to be over a year before
it becomes the 21st century. I wonder if others on this list also
believe that come January it will be another century? I know that
the media is convinced that the new century is about to start and
apparantly nobody is correcting them.

Since there apparently wasn't a "year 0," (How do we know that? Maybe
it's because the number "0" hadn't been invented then?), I have
solved the phase matching problem by starting my count in year "-1"
so that Dec 31 of this year will complete 2000 years since I started
counting. As John M. has pointed out, it's not how long it's been,
but the fact that the next year is labeled with all those zeros that
counts.

Hugh

Hugh Haskell

<mailto://haskell@odie.ncssm.edu>
<mailto://hhaskell@mindspring.com>

The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better." So I bought a Macintosh.