Re: 20th century

Clarence,

If you measure with your ruler starting at zero, you're prone to systematic
errors! I suggest you start at one and then subtract 1 from your final
number. Much more accurate that way.

Sam

Clarence Bennett wrote:

It depends on whose authority you recognize for a counting system.
Measurement of arbitrary segments of a continuous function are not the same
as countable items.

I do not turn my calendar page at 1:00am, but at 12:00, or 24:00, or 00:00
(at least I would use the latter if I could get my clock to do it.)

Similarly, if I measure a length, I don't put the 1" mark of my ruler at
one end of it.

Clarence Bennett
Oakland University
Rochester, Michigan 48309