Re: 20th century

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, James Espinosa wrote:

... I wonder if others on this list also believe that come January
it will be another century? I know that the media is convinced that the
new century is about to start and apparantly nobody is correcting them.

I, like many others I suspect, understand this argument and am not moved
by it. We aren't celebrating the end of the second millennium (and
*certainly* not anything as mundane as the end of the twentieth century);
we are celebrating the turning of the most significant digit on the
odometer!