Re: Super Problem

----- Original Message -----
From: John Mallinckrodt <ajmallinckro@CSUPOMONA.EDU>

Not that it much matters at this point, but, for the record, I *was* able
to decode and view the jpeg that Van sent with no unusual procedures. I
use stone age technology--Pine on a VMS system--and it works just fine.

Agreed it doesn't matter much, but out of curiosity, just what do you did
you do in PINE to see the image.

On a 'modern system' an attachment shows up as some kind of icon (a
paperclip in Outlook Express) and by double clicking on the icon, the file
is automatically opened. I suspect Pine is a little more complex than that
(which is why I don't use the campus Pine software anymore). ;-)

Rick