Fwd: Super

My son sent this to me. It's quite a picture! (See attachment)

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Brunson <dbrunson@owt.com>

Hey Gang, here is a special treat!

Every so often, just the right combination of conditions and events
occur
to create an unbelievable event, in this case an F-18 passing through
the
sound barrier.
Not only were the water vapor, density, and temperature just right,
but
there just happened to be a camera in the vicinity to capture the
moment.
The F-18 is actually in transonic flight, with normal shock waves
emanating from behind the canopy and across the wings and fuselage. The
condition will last for only an instant, and once supersonic flow exists
completely around the aircraft, sharp angled sonic cones replace the
normal
shock waves.
The odds of getting a shot like this are staggering.

Enjoy - Dale>

JPEG image