Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 16:27:29 -0600
From: "James S. Marsh" <jsmarsh@UWF.EDU>
Subject: video encyclopedia

We're considering getting "the Video Encyclopedia
of Physics Demonstrations", a set of 25 laser discs with some
600 physics demonstration experiments shown. They sent us a
ten minute video tape with 'typical material' from the discs.
We propose, for starters, using them as a continuously running
program in a physics demo lab we are trying to set up. They
might also be used as material for actual lab experiments, with
data taken from the screen.

Question: Do any of you have these? Of those who do, what
do you think of them? Are they worth the $3k they want for them?
What do you do with them? Would you get them again, if it came
to that?

The half dozen experiments we saw on the video tape looked pretty good.
They were
well produced and looked interesting. But is this typical over the
25 discs?

Any comments would be appreciated. JSM

Roger A. Freedman
Department of Physics and College of Creative Studies
University of California, Santa Barbara

Mailing address:
Department of Physics
UCSB