Re: delta V = I R

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

Definitely yes, try to measure the leakage resistance of an electrolytic capacitor. It will
change by at least one order of magnitude before R is suddenly reduced to nearly zero.

"Paul O. Johnson" wrote:

I have always believed and taught that the resistance value depends on the device's
temperature, not on the potential difference across it. Is there really a functional
relationship between R and delta V at constant T?

I can well imagine that materials used as dielectrics would have resistance values that are
related to applied potential difference, Ludwik, even at constant temperature. But how about
materials commonly used in resistors. Is the same true for them?

poj