Re: virtual particles preferred frame?

At 16:53 -0800 11/6/99, Glenn A. Carlson wrote:

Though I disagree with the statement that the mass density of the
virtual particles is zero, I find the argument re the (infinite)
homogenous medium somewhate persuasive, i.e., it seems an infinite
homogeneous medium appears unchanged whether moving or not.

I believe the definition of a vacuum would subsume zero mass
density. Mine would, anyway.

However, I was probably unclear about whether the distribution of
virtual particles was infinite or not. I was considering the virtual
particle cloud surrounding, say, a real electron. In this case the
virtural particle cloud is isotropic, but not infinite.

I can't comment on that. Such knowledge better fits someone
above my pay grade. David?

Leigh