Re: F=ma

Wow! What a response. Two excellent references to exactly what
I wanted. I've read the Feynman, of course; I'd just forgotten
it. I'll look it up again. The Russell reference is one I'd
heard of before (perhaps from #2 son) but had not read. Thanks
to James Marsh and John Denker. Phys-l is aces!

Leigh

Richard Feynman, _The Character of Physical Law_. I strongly recommend
reading the whole book.... but the passage that most directly addresses
Leigh's question starts at the top of page 46.

copyright (C) 1999 John S. Denker jsd@monmouth.com