Re: Transistorized

Chuck asked:

Chuck Britton <britton@ODIE.NCSSM.EDU> 11/04/99 11:46AM >>>
Pop Quiz - How many of US were born BEFORE the transistor was invented?!?!?!?!

<snip>

I was born eight years before the transistor was invented. I remember when portable radios came out that used transistors rather than tubes. They were impressive in that they were instant-on, with no annoying warm-up time like tube radios had. They were called, naturally, 'transistor radios.' You may still hear portable radios called that today, though almost everything is made with integrated circuits these days.

Rondo Jeffery
Weber State University
Ogden, UT 84408-2508
rjeffery@weber.edu