Re: mag. force on wire?

This is no longer a simple matter! (ie., I'm learning!)
It just occurred to me that the simple "collision" model won't do either!

Once the Hall effect field is established, the net tansverse force on the
other moving carriers is zero. (I knew that!)

The point is that the Hall effect builds until its electrostatic force on
the moving carriers CANCELS the QVxB force on them.

Perhaps the only out is that the separated charge layers are indeed moving
(as part of the current-why not?), therefore DO experience a QVxB force
and carry along the lattice.

( I still have a problem with N3) Will think more. (learning feels good!)

Bob

Bob Sciamanda (W3NLV)
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (em)
trebor@velocity.net