Re: L2-"Negotiating" a curve.

At 11:00 AM -0500 11/3/99, Ludwik Kowalski wrote:
Must the external pushing force be increased to make sure the
cart moves along a circle with the same constant speed
or not? How does the "extra force needed", if any,
depend on the radius of the path curvature?

Real world observation (if such are pertinent):

As a young driver, I was impressed with how much more difficult it
was to get a stuck car out of deep mud WHEN THE WHEELS WERE NOT
POINTED STRAIGHT AHEAD!!!

So, it seems to me that more force would indeed be required to keep
the car turning at constant speed. (But I don't have the time at this
moment to work out the Quantum Electrodynamical GR aspects of this
interesting problem ;-)

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936