Re: calendar change

Clarence Bennett made an apropos statement about calendar changes. His
witty wisdom seems all too true. I've been from semesters to quarters
and back again. Some of the very same arguments we heard for going to
quarters were replayed as reasons to change to semesters.

In our case I also think part of the reason was to shorten the school
year. The fact you are shortening the year, while at the same time
raising tuition, is easier to hide if you make a calendar change at the
same time.

Bluffton College
280 West College Avenue
Bluffton, OH 45817