Re: Why do we care about heat?

At 12:43 PM 01-11-99 -0500, you wrote:
I should clarify: I do not wish to imply that specifying the change in
energy, E, will alone specify the final state (given the initial state).

It won't ???? Isn't E a state variable? What is my senile mind missing?

I am implying that any real/gedanken application will implicitly or
explicitly specify the final state

???

and that the flexibility in
partitioning dW and dQ will be constrained by those specifications.

This seems to be quite correct.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen