Re: irreversible lifting

Here's my attempt. I'll use an Atwood's apparatus, frictionless pulley,
massless rope, and two equal masses starting at the same height. I need add
only a minute amount of energy (essentially zero) to one side (say the right
side) and then the right-hand mass will fall lifting the left-hand mass.

How would one "add _energy_ ... to one side"???

Maybe "add mass" and thus through relativity add energy???

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen