From: Bob Sciamanda <trebor@VELOCITY.NET>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Monday, November 01, 1999 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: Why do we care about heat?

I stand by this statement. Heat and work are modes of energy transfer
into the defined system. As long as the total increment in the system
energy is correct (dE=dQ+dW) the final system state will be correct, as
will be all state variables, including the entropy. Note that the
entropy
change is calculated as dQ/T for a reversible path (not the real path
which is here under contention).
Bob