Re: macroscopic vs microscopic degrees of freedom

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Bob Sciamanda wrote:

Except for the restriction to "two systems in contact", this (in my
reading) is the traditional identification of dQ. Note that it (also
traditionally) includes all three modes of heat transfer: conduction,
convection and radiation).

I agree with Bob's minor quibble; perhaps "in contact" should be amended
to read "in thermal contact" which I would interpret as encompassing
radiative "contact".