Re: Off topic: Humans, Robots and Religion

----- Original Message -----
From: Zach Wolff <zachary_wolff@YAHOO.COM>

If new evidence shows that something we consider a
soul is possessed by non-humans, that a soul does have
some physical basis, or that something other than the
soul should be credited with the functions of thinking
and willing, the definition should be changed.
Changing definitions is difficult, often subjective,
and should be avoided when unnecessary, but sometimes
it IS necessary

It seems to me that modern Neurological Medical Science has provided enough
evidence that our 'thinking' is organic in nature. Such cases as those
presented in the movie 'Awakenings' seem to be pretty strong evidence that
when the brain malfunctions so does the 'soul'.

Rick