Re: macroscopic vs microscopic degrees of freedom (was: why pseudowork (NOT)

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Joel Rauber wrote:

If my 1993 Geo metro is rotating as well as translating (as it has been
known to do on the icy roads of South Dakota), the energy associated with
that rotational motion is in what category? internal energy?

In the context of our paper, we put it in the category of internal energy.
We thought long and hard about this and decided that it made life, in that
context, easier. We fully recognize that there are other useful ways to
proceed.