Re: why pseudowork (NOT)

I'll let Jim answer specifically, but I think this is a 'phony' question
since I can see no way that this collision can happen without the intrusion
of external forces.

Rick

A 2 kg block and a 1 kg block head toward each other with equal and
opposite velocities of magnitude 1 m/s. After colliding, the 2 kg
block is at rest. How much work was done on the 1 kg block?