Re: why pseudowork?

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Jim Green wrote:

I have carefully studied John's paper and still don't see the point.
Either the work/energy theorem is valid or it isn't.

Jim,

The main point of the paper was that there are many work/energy theorems
and that all of them are valid. I am disheartened to learn that our
writing was so unclear that that point could still be missed even after
careful study.