Re: Student Question

This question reminds me of my late grandpa's story about the world's
hardest-to-hunt game bird, the Brownheaded Twit. Most hunters have
never seen any, much less bagged any, because: when threatened with
discovery, a Twit flies faster and faster in rapidly-decreasing
concentric circles until it flies inside its own rectum and disappears
from sight in plain view.

The old-timer's tall tales often had a touch of preposterous
pseudoscience not unlike the black hole sci-fi question.

\\//,

Larry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Larry Cartwright <exit60@ia4u.net>
Physics and Physical Science Teacher
Charlotte HS, Charlotte MI USA

James Harris wrote:

If you were to theoretically go past the event horizon on a black hole and
somehow manage to escape the gravitational pull by spinning fast enough,
orbiting around the singularity and using centrifugal force to your
advantage would you eventually catch up to your feet and have to climb over
yourself?