Re: work done by friction

Let's make sure that we are only analyzing the horizontal motion of
the bos AS it is dropped onto the belt.

The box originally has zero horizontal momentum. At a later time, it
has gained a certain momentum p. I am currently claiming to my HS
students that this delta p arises from something we call a force
acting for a time interval delta t. This is in fact our first
DEFINITION of force in our new revised 'Momentum First (tm)'
curriculum.

Please tell us what we are doing wrong (before we kill AGAIN!)