Conventional Current

At 6:25 AM -0400 10/26/99, Ed Schweber wrote:
Yes, sometimes physics education is simply passed down unthinkingly
from generation to generation. Our students must endure it because we did.
Why else - a hundred years after the electron was discovered - do we still
use conventional currents?

Maybe because we realize that BOTH kinds of charged objects can move?
And that Right Hand Rules work for positive charge in motion and Left
Hand Rules work for negatively charged things moving.

Modern semiconductor explanations need 'holes' as much as they need
'electrons'.

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936