Re: Flat Earth Chronology

I have never seen any evidence that the Bible teaches about a flat earth
(or an earth-centered solar system, for that matter, Spanish inquisition
notwithstanding.) The only thing I have ever found in the Bible that
talks about the shape of the earth calls it a circle:

Isa.40:22 It is He that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the
inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the
heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in.

I'll be interested in other replies.

Anne

Jim Green wrote:

Can someone please give a chronology of the belief in a flat Earth.
Egyptians? Babylonians? Hebrews? Chinese? Old Testament? Etc?

When did belief in a spherical like Earth become common?

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen