Re: Newton's 3rd law? was Re: inertial forces (definition)

I *THINK* that the pedagogical point that some are trying to make
(and which I agree with) is that it is better to refer to v^2/r as
the centripetal acceleration that goes on the RHS of N2 rather than
as a force component that does on the LHS thereof.

F_t = m dv/dt , and
F_c = mv^2/r

Let point out that my above equations DO have v^2/r on the RHS of the F=mA
(component) equation.
The LHS still stands for the interactions of other bodies (forces) which
cause that component of m times the acceleration. I repeat : this is
simply a re-writing of F=mA in component form - with NO changes.

Bob

Bob Sciamanda (W3NLV)
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (em)
trebor@velocity.net