Re: Newton's 3rd law? was Re: inertial forces (definition)

At 10:15 10/19/99 -0700, Leigh wrote:
The idea that the reaction force is equal and opposite implicitly
entails the requirement of simultaneity, and of course we know
that simultaneity has no meaning for spatially separated events....

Leigh

I don't know that simultaneity has no meaning for
spatially seperated events.
Or am I nitpicking?

You appear to know it, since you quoted Einstein.
Or is it the spelling you are taking about? I like
my way better.

Simultaneity is meaningful only in a trivial sense.
It has meaning when events are coincident in spacetme.

Leigh