Small telescopes

Two questions I need help with:
1. Has anyone experience using the new small computer controlled
telescopes such as the LX90 Meade? I want one for just student viewing
and need easy setup and portability. I had not thought of using such,
until one of the list memebers suggested it.
2. We have an older Meade Quartz 8 inch reflector with a quartz
drive and tripod with counterweights that we are no longer using (we have
lost the ability to view from the science building because of light
encroachment). Does anyone know of a site or source of information on
what such a telescope should be worth.
Thanks!
James Mackey