Humor was Re:poundal vs. poundee

At 01:47 PM 10/18/99 -0500, poj wrote:

John Mallinckrodt wrote:

Me too! This definition would require 32 pounds for a single slug. When
I was growing up it took at least a few slugs to constitute a pound(ing).

Mebbe it's not only when you grew up, John, but also where. When I was first
introduced to these units in Waco, Texas in the 1940s, a slug of mass weighed
32 pounds.

poj

Do we need to start putting smilies :) ;) in obvious places in this group too?

Vacek