From: John Mallinckrodt <ajmallinckro@CSUPOMONA.EDU>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Monday, October 18, 1999 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: poundal vs. poundee

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Leigh Palmer wrote:

I'm afraid Michael wins again. Daniell (1894) refers to the
poundal as being synonymous with the "British unit of force".
That's the way I remember it from high school, but I'm glad
it's dead!

Me too! This definition would require 32 pounds for a single slug. When
I was growing up it took at least a few slugs to constitute a pound(ing).