Re: Electronic balances was A weighty subject

Leigh Palmer wrote:

Michael is being coy. His electronic balance really is a balance,
and it should be called an electromechanical balance. (As Michael
knows, my wife is a chemist who participates in another list. She
lets me in on such chemists' secrets.)

Leigh

OK, now you have to tell me the difference (if any) between an electronic
balance and an electromechanical balance. Is the later anything different
than the electronic platform balance (which I think is more properly called a
scale) that I bought last year for $250 and is advertised to give masses
accurate to + of - 2g? As far as I can tell that "scale" dose notcompare any
weights but rather behaves more like my digital bathroom scale feeling the
weight of an object and converting it into an electronic signal in some way.

Cliff Parker