Re: A weighty subject

Okay, you may not like that example because it is a rehash of the
kg/pound dilemma. Here's another example, perhaps more to your liking.
Most of our electronic balances can be switched to read grams or
ounces. But making this switch does not convert them from mass meas
urers to force measurers. In both cases the measurement is made by
mass comparison.

Just how does one compare mass? I can compare weight. I can compare inertia. But how
can any device compare mass?

Cliff Parker